If you are you looking for a Web Hosting for your Web Site, consider at first these elements:
- quality of service
- cost (starting from free)
- domains included / not included
- mail server
- support for scripts as Php or Asp
- support for database
- customizable DNS server, with control panel
1. Quality of service: consider (if there are) limits of hard disk space, traffic and bands quotas, guaranteed uptime and reliability, type of helpdesk (phone, mail, ticket, skype, text chat, etc).
2. Price. There are more free service, but often they put some ads in your pages, or a banner on top. If you want to build a professional website, of course you cannot host random ads on your pages…
3. Control if the offer consider domain registration or a domain transfer. Generally, one domain costs about 9,00 $ / year (on Lunarpages, for examples, it costs 9.95 $ / year).
4. If you need mail service, verify if the offer include e-mail boxes: then verify number of account, space quotas, service of anti-spam and antivirus…
5. If your site is dynamic, you need support for scripts like Php or Asp (remember to check version: e.g. Php 5.0.0) and almost a database (6): MySql is the most used.
7. If you want to feel free to use many service, it’ s very important to manage a DNS server: with this you can point domains (CNAME and A records) or mailboxes (MX records) to external services, using a simple control panel.
Don’t forget to read forums and web hosting reviews. Compare updated consumers opinion, and make best choice.